An exciting room to free your child’s imagination. The area has a home corner with a cooker, dolls, construction and dressing up. Every several weeks the area changes so your child can:
- Pretend to be an optician or get their eyes tested at ‘Thomas Carters’.
- Be a cashier or customer at ‘Sainsbury’s’.
- Role-play a fishmonger at ‘What’s the Catch’
- Serve lunch at ‘Cheeky Cherubs Cafe’.
- Weigh pasta and save the planet at ‘Zero Waste’.
- Read and borrow books at ‘Urmston Library’.
Roleplay is an important part of your child’s overall, holistic development, as it builds confidence, creativity, communication, physical development, and problem-solving skills. Along with being a fun activity, it also allows children to get into character and act out real-life roles or fictional performances. It can be child-led and encourages your child to take risks and be creative with the role they are playing. It is a fun way for children to learn about different professions and day-to-day situations and build their social skills.
This room was gratefully funded by Youth Uk